plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From "Strljic, Matthias Milan" <matthias.strl...@isw.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject RE: Some of the latest changes
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2019 08:27:35 GMT
Hi Chris,

There I would throw in a counter-question, namely whether it would be important at this level
to distinguish between automation protocols and fieldbus systems as AbstracConnectors? Because
Profinet and EtherCat are protocols that differ a bit from the data handling of an OPC UA,
ADS or S7 and are also quite sensitive regarding the deterministic real-time (EtherCat is
a bit looser). Those types need a bit more configuration information like message structure,
pull rate and master node.

Then, of course, it would have to be evaluated whether these two communication systems should
be separated and whether automation protocols exist on a basis other than TCP/UDP?
Just take it as creative discussion point.

Greetings
Matthias Strljic, M.Sc.

Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Steuerungstechnik der Werkzeugmaschinen und Fertigungseinrichtungen (ISW)

Seidenstraße 36
70174 Stuttgart
GERMANY

Tel: +49 711 685-84530