plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject AW: [GENERAL] Reduce the number of default site reports
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2019 18:39:30 GMT
Hi Chris,

full ack from my side and thanks for taking care!

Julian

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Betreff: [GENERAL] Reduce the number of default site reports
Von: Christofer Dutz
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org

Hi all,

I have noticed the Site-generation taking significantly more time for the last few weeks.
While it was ok in the beginning, I think we have to reduce this.

I would like to reduce the auto-generated reports to their minimum. For example should we
have the JavaDoc for the API module, but not for all protocol and driver implementations.
Users shouldn’t use these anyway and I guess no PLC4X core developer has ever looked at
the JavaDocs on our website.

Also I will start some profiling to find out which maven mojos take the most time and try
to reduce this to a sensible minimum … 60minutes or so of site-generation is inacceptable
IMHO.

What do you think?

Chris