plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Gunther Gruber <gunther.gru...@IDA-Analytics.de>
Subject Re: Reconnect of driver 2
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2019 14:16:31 GMT
Hi Julian,

somhow my github account got flagged.

I append the two functions below, i think it will take some time for github to respond on
the mail i wrote.

public boolean ping(String host, int port, int timeout) {
  Socket s = null;
  try {
    s = new Socket();
    s.connect(new InetSocketAddress(host, port), timeout);
    return true;
  } catch (Exception e) {
    return false;
  } finally {
    if (s != null) {
      try {
        s.close();
      } catch (Exception e) {
      }
    }
  }
}

private boolean channelPingCheck(int timeout) {
        String variable = "%M1.2:BOOL";
        return channelPingCheck(timeout, variable);
    }

    private boolean channelPingCheck(int timeout, String variable) {

//      String variable = "%M1.2:BOOL";

//      boolean expectedResult = true;

        try {
            plcConnection = getPlcConnection();
        } catch (PlcConnectionException e) {
            return false;
        }

        PlcReadRequest.Builder builder = plcConnection.readRequestBuilder();

        builder.addItem(variable, variable);

        PlcReadRequest readRequest = builder.build();

        PlcReadResponse result = null;
        try {
            result = readRequest.execute().get(timeout, TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS);
        } catch (InterruptedException e) {
            Thread.currentThread().interrupt();
        } catch (ExecutionException | TimeoutException e) {
            return false;
        }

        if (result == null) {
            return false;
        }

        Object content;
        content = result.getObject(variable);
        if (content == null) {
            return false;
        }
        //we could compare against the real value of the object here, but then we need to
be more specific about the variable type
        return true;

    }