plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: Restructuring our website ...
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 14:16:13 GMT
Hi Chris,

I like your suggestions and I agree with that.

Julian

Am 21.03.19, 14:04 schrieb "Andreas Oswald" <andreas.oswald@outlook.de>:

    Hi Chris,

    from my point of view, the ideas about editing make perfect sense. So I totally agree.

    Take care

    Andreas

    ________________________________
    Von: Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
    Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. März 2019 09:24
    An: dev@plc4x.apache.org
    Betreff: Restructuring our website ...

    Hi all,

    as I have been working on the website for the last 3-4 days I did notice some things I
would like to discuss with you guys:

    We currently have 3 menus: Community, Users and Developers

    The part I’m not 100% satisfied with is the “Community” part.

    Currently it contains only two entries:

      *   Getting Involved
      *   Conferences & Meetups

    Now for me the “Getting Involved” sort of is identical to “Developers”/”Contributing”
and I would like to simply like to remove that page.

    That would leave the “Community” menu with only one entry …

    How about adding that content (upcoming events) to the main page and having a page with
(previous events) in the “developers” or in no menu at all?

    For me there are sort of 3 types of people:

      *   People not interested in PLC4X --> All websites except the plc4x website
      *   People interested in using PLC4X --> The Users menu
      *   People interested in using PLC4X and Contributing to it --> The Users and the
Developers menu

    I doubt there’s a group, that would like to hang out with the community without having
either user or developer background
    (Ok … maybe Toddy and his fans … but then I would prefer a “Toddy” menu ;-) )

    Chris