plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Oswald <andreas.osw...@outlook.de>
Subject AW: [GENERAL] Reduce the number of default site reports
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 07:30:06 GMT
Hi all, hi Chris,

I´d be happy about shorter time cycles between editing and seeing the results so shorter
site generation time would be great for me. So thanks for taking care of that.

Andreas

________________________________
Von: Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 17. März 2019 13:52
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Betreff: [GENERAL] Reduce the number of default site reports

Hi all,

I have noticed the Site-generation taking significantly more time for the last few weeks.
While it was ok in the beginning, I think we have to reduce this.

I would like to reduce the auto-generated reports to their minimum. For example should we
have the JavaDoc for the API module, but not for all protocol and driver implementations.
Users shouldn’t use these anyway and I guess no PLC4X core developer has ever looked at
the JavaDocs on our website.

Also I will start some profiling to find out which maven mojos take the most time and try
to reduce this to a sensible minimum … 60minutes or so of site-generation is inacceptable
IMHO.

What do you think?

Chris