plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: Reconnect of driver 2
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2019 13:43:55 GMT
Hi Gunther,

thats really great to hear : )
When I remember correctly the idea was...

1. Extend the PlcConnection interface with a "ping()" method (Boolean? Throw Exception if
not possible?)
2. Implement the Ping functionality for each plc with a sensible "operation" (not sure what
this could be for S7... read the SLZ or something?)
3. Use this feature as "keep alive" e.g. for the PooledDriverManager

does that make sense?

Julian