plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Restructuring our website ...
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 08:24:09 GMT
Hi all,

as I have been working on the website for the last 3-4 days I did notice some things I would
like to discuss with you guys:

We currently have 3 menus: Community, Users and Developers

The part I’m not 100% satisfied with is the “Community” part.

Currently it contains only two entries:

  *   Getting Involved
  *   Conferences & Meetups

Now for me the “Getting Involved” sort of is identical to “Developers”/”Contributing”
and I would like to simply like to remove that page.

That would leave the “Community” menu with only one entry …

How about adding that content (upcoming events) to the main page and having a page with (previous
events) in the “developers” or in no menu at all?

For me there are sort of 3 types of people:

  *   People not interested in PLC4X --> All websites except the plc4x website
  *   People interested in using PLC4X --> The Users menu
  *   People interested in using PLC4X and Contributing to it --> The Users and the Developers
menu

I doubt there’s a group, that would like to hang out with the community without having either
user or developer background
(Ok … maybe Toddy and his fans … but then I would prefer a “Toddy” menu ;-) )

Chris