plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Start voting on graduating?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2019 20:35:03 GMT
Hi Chris,

first, thanks for bringing this up and doing all necessary tedious work.
As this is the first incubating project I'm that heavily involved I'm lacking the exact feeling
but I do not feel "unready".

I think we have achieved a lot since I joined the project and I'm very happy that we have
such a strong core community.
The last release also gave me confidence that we are able to do all these steps without you
(not that we mind if you do it... ).
The next (or the release after) will be performed by Tim and I feel confident that he will
be able to do it easily with our documentation and some help from you or me.

Regarding the PPMC / PMC question... I would favor the second variant.
We have a pretty big roster (on paper) with many people never seen on list (or anywhere else).
So I think this could be a good chance to trim it down a bit and have it in more accordance
with the people who really went active for the project.

Tl;dr; Let's do it : )

Julian