plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Mitsch <t.mit...@pragmaticindustries.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Strategy for future releases
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2019 15:50:48 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'll agree with Chris as well as with Julian ... think lots of people are under heavy load
in incubator so high release frequency won't be the best solution as long as we are an incubating
project.
On the other hand we should take care about not releasing in too less frequency to make interested
people more interested in what we're doing and make feature available as early as possible.
As already said ... I think we should create a more or less regular release-interval when
we are graduated.

As I had a look on Julian doing 0.3.1 release procedure I think I can do the RM for next release
which I think will be 0.4.0 (maybe end of April or beginning of may).
If there is nothing against it I'll start to prepare a feature list and opening a new topic
on mailing-list for that as well as creating the regarding jira-tickets.

Best
Tim