plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Start voting on graduating?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 08:50:10 GMT
Hi all,

I am currently creating a copy of the content on https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DefaultProjectGuidelines
This is generally agreed upon by the IPMC and I a really good summary. I think we shouldn't
do anything different.

The main idea of copying instead of linking is: If in the future the linked document would
change, we wouldn't notice that.
Then we could have people coming by referring to the new version and we haven't realized the
changes. This way we could
Be made aware of changes, discuss them in the project and update our website.

And 1 and 2 in my initial email weren't meant as alternatives. I think we should start with
all "carried over PPMCs" being "PMCs" and "Comitters"
As we don't have any Committers that are not PPMCs this is sort of a trivial assumption ;-)

The number 2 was just a suggestion, that the list of "Carried over PMCs" should be all the
IPMCs that responded to the "You want to be carried over" Email.

Chris