plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: Reconnect of driver 2
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2019 13:49:08 GMT
Hi Gunter,

very cool to hear... and I like your idea with the port... this is so simple and robust…
I wanted to check and review (and MERGE) your code but I did not find the PR.
Are you sure you made the PR towards apache/incubator-plc4x?

Best
Julian

Von: Gunther Gruber <gunther.gruber@IDA-Analytics.de>
Antworten an: "dev@plc4x.apache.org" <dev@plc4x.apache.org>
Datum: Donnerstag, 28. März 2019 um 14:44
An: "dev@plc4x.apache.org" <dev@plc4x.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Reconnect of driver 2

Hi All,

i implemented two simple ping checks one specifically for s7 and one in generall to check
reachability of a port. Which can simply be copied.

I also wrote a connection-manager which checks the connection and recreates it if neccessary.

Our szenario is that we want to read data in a loop and the higher the sampling frequency
the better. I do not want to waste that on the "liveness" check of the connection. Best S7
could do is every 100ms i heared.

Also i load the driver for the s7 directly because in osgi the classloader stuff does not
work.

I put my working code into examples/connection-manager and created a pull request. i did not
grasp the code of PooledDriverManager in this short time to integrate. Feel free to adapt/change
pieces of my code or give me feedback.

Gunther Gruber