plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: Reconnect of driver 2
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2019 08:42:49 GMT
Oh and to your original question, yes, this Port thing should be given by the Driver itself
as "default implementation" of this ping method which can be overridden, as in the S7 case.

Am 29.03.19, 09:35 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    Hi guys,

    Just a question, as I'm currently traveling and haven't had my computer open for the past
few days.

    On the API side we were thinking of a no-args void method in the PlcConnection that fires
exceptions ... Correct? The up, port and stuff like that should be provided by the connection
itself. Cause not all protocols and drivers have to be TCP or UDP based.

    Chris

    Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

    ________________________________
    From: Julian Feinauer <j.feinauer@pragmaticminds.de>
    Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 9:17:35 AM
    To: dev@plc4x.apache.org
    Subject: Re: Reconnect of driver 2

    Hi Gunter,

    I am currently looking through your code and wanted to prepare a commit, so just a question
about the s7 implementation.
    Is the M1.2 a generally available bit or is this something more specific to your use cases?
    I know that the M are the Markers and generally all Boolean, but can there be a situation
where this bit does not exist?

    Julian