plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject AW: Reconnect of driver 2
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:10:09 GMT
Yes, I agree.
One of the few use cases of Java 8s default methods in interfaces...

Julian

Betreff: Re: Reconnect of driver 2
Von: Christofer Dutz
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org

Hi All,

I would agree that a void type and exceptions would allow a more fine-grained reporting of
what's going on.

Sort of:
- "Yeah ... I am a S7 400, but I don't support the S7-TIA protocol"
- "No connection under this number" (no connection possible)
- "You're not allowed to connect"
- "Invalid credentials"
- ...

Maybe we should do that ASAP, adding it to the API, but have it report "Not Implemented" for
now and to create JIRA tickets for the individual drivers ping implementations.

Chris