plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Move plc4x integrations to Apache Edgent (indubating)
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 09:37:27 GMT
Hi all,

first, I decided to cross post, as this addresses both projects equally, PLC4X and Edgent.
Second, this post is mainly about bringing my thoughts and chat with Chris to the list(s).

As we have the idea to “revive” Apache Edgent as Edge Framework we think that it would
be better in the long run to move the PLC4X integrations to Apache Edgent.
This means, that we would build a good PLC4X “Source” for Apache Edgent and then move
all integrations as “Sinks” for Apache Edgent.
Then, one could leverage all of Apache Edgents Stream Processing features on PLC data and
even join it with non-PLC Data and send it to futher downstream systems.
Another goal is to integrate our CRUNCH Framework [1] into Edgent to allow analysis of these
Streams in Edgent directly.

What are your thoughts on that?
Julian

[1] https://github.com/pragmaticminds/crunch