plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Maier <jens_mai...@hotmail.com>
Subject AW: [DISCUSS] Adding a "ping" method to the API?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2019 13:03:22 GMT
Hi all,

maybe there is no need for a ping. At the development of our driver we also got sometimes
disconnects without any real issue. At the same issue our driver makes a complete disconnect
at time out and by a configurable retry counter.
After about 5 secs of no communication resume or overrun the counter, the driver signals Connection
Error and answer each reading request with 0 to get no empty values.

We also slow down the communication by Delay, when there was a error and slowly speed up to
max.

With this, we can unplug the cable for undetermined time and at the plug in, the driver continues
with the communication.

If this is interesting, i can post some VB6 code.

Jens

Von Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook> gesendet.

________________________________
Von: Markus Sommer <sommer@isb-fn.de>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2019 11:50
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Betreff: AW: [DISCUSS] Adding a "ping" method to the API?

+1 from myside.

It's good idea to search for PLCs or to realize an automatic configuration of the communication....

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus Sommer
Geschäftsführer

isb innovative software businesses GmbH
Otto-Lilienthal-Straße 2
D 88046 Friedrichshafen

Tel          +49 (0) 7541 3834-14
Fax         +49 (0) 7541 3834-20
Mobil    +49 (0) 171 537 8437

Mail to  sommer@isb-fn.de
http://www.isb-fn.de

Geschäftsführer: Markus Sommer, Thomas Zeler
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Ulm HRB-Nr. 631624
Important Note: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain trade secrets
and may well also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have
received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment from your system. If you are not the
intended recipient please understand that you must not copy this e-mail or any attachments
or disclose the contents to any other person.
Thank you.