plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [DISCUSS] Start voting on graduating?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 21:23:23 GMT
Hi all,

I have done a little double-checking and to me it seems that we are in good shape regarding
our homework for graduating.

The only thing on our todo-list that isn’t done fully, is the subscription of all initial
contributors.
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/plc4x.html
Here I would propose that we simply decide on how we want to handle them.

I would suggest the following methodology:

  1.  In general “PPMC List == Podling Committer List” -->”PMC List == TLP Comitter
List” (as a start)
  2.  We send an email to the dev list, asking which initial contributor wishes to be carried
over --> Everyone that responds, will be carried over, the others will not
This way we are not excluding anyone wanting to contribute in the future, but are cleaning
up the PMC list to the ones interested in the project.

Here’s the list of homework:
Collaborative Development
·         Have all of the active long-term volunteers been identified and acknowledged as
committers on the project?

Check

·         Are there three or more independent committers? (The legal definition of independent
is long and boring, but basically it means that there is no binding relationship between the
individuals, such as a shared employer, that is capable of overriding their free will as individuals,
directly or indirectly.)

Check

·         Are project decisions being made in public by the committers?

Check

·         Are the decision-making guidelines published and agreed to by all of the committers?

We might need to write this up and vote on it …
Licensing awareness
·         Are all licensing, trademark, credit issues being taken care of and acknowledged
by all committers?

Other

  *   We have multiple people able to perform releases and the process is well documented

Check (I think … or I guess Justin would have mentioned anything … I did address the last
thing that came up that would have also applied to us “maven-wrapper issue” and all issues
with remarks form the last releases have been addressed successfully)

So I guess we should start with the decision making guidelines … if you are ok with that,
I’ll check the guidelines of other projects and write up a first draft that we can discuss
here.

If you all agree that we should apply for graduation, it would be super cool, if we could
add this to March’s board meetings schedule … this way we could use the platform of Building
IoT in April (01.04.-03.04 to spread the word), which might be a great promotion for PLC4X.

What do you think?

Chris