plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Send Jira emails to dev@plc4x.apache.org?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:34:03 GMT
I would prefer the dev@ list more than the commits@ list.
The commits@ list is kind of a spam thing (sometimes I have a look over whats going on, but
mostly not).

Julian

Am 22.02.19, 10:26 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    But if we had a separate list, I would prefer that than directing things to commits@.

    We intentionally didn't have more than dev and commits as the incubator likes it's podlings
to have a reduced number of lists at the start as this way community is better built. Otherwise
you'll just feel lost in empty lists.

    Chris

    Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

    ________________________________
    From: Julian Feinauer <j.feinauer@pragmaticminds.de>
    Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 9:38:48 AM
    To: dev@plc4x.apache.org
    Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Send Jira emails to dev@plc4x.apache.org?

    Hi,

    I agree with Chris... I would start with our dev@ list and monitor it and go over to a
separate list when necessary.

    Julian

    Am 22.02.19, 09:29 schrieb "Tim Mitsch" <t.mitsch@pragmaticindustries.de>:

        I don’t know the amount of work that has to be spent on creating a new list for
those kind of notifications.
        But with this project continouusly growing and growing maybe also ticket-count and
stuff like this will rise, so i can understand Otto concern.
        If it’s possible (and could be done in a tolerable amount of time) i like the idea
of splitting mailing-list into dev-stuff (feature and discussions) and orga-stuff (issues,commits)

        Best
        Tim