plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Draft of a PLC4X XML based protocol definition ...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2019 12:56:32 GMT
Yeah ... should have posted the links to the documents:

Message format definition (DFDL): https://github.com/apache/incubator-plc4x/blob/develop/protocols/s7/src/main/resources/org/apache/plc4x/protocols/s7/protocol.dfdl.xsd
State Machine definition (SCXML): https://github.com/apache/incubator-plc4x/blob/develop/protocols/s7/src/main/resources/org/apache/plc4x/protocols/s7/protocol.scxml.xml

Chris

Am 29.01.19, 13:55 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    Hi all,

    I would like to ask you to have a look on something I have been working on for the past
weeks.

    Today I added a pseudo SCXML definition of the s7 protocol. It’s pseudo as the handling
of the elements in the “plc4x” namespace have no matching implementation and would require
coding and perhaps even extending or modification of Daffodil.

    But I would like to ask you if you could grow familiar with this sort of protocol definition.

    If I was to finish a driver implementation like this, a new supported protocol would be
something like: write the DFDL definition of the message format and then define the state-machine
for the sequence of messages. In general this could be all.

    I do like this sort of definition as it makes it really easy to read and understand. I
guess I could probably have the build automatically generate diagrams of the protocol interaction
and byte representations of the used messages using the tools we already have.

    Also everything being XML I could also generate the model and the protocol drivers from
it in any language we want.

    Please feel free to comment … no … actually I would really, really like to hear some
comments.

    Chris