plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Hardening our build ... what I learnt
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2019 17:19:27 GMT
Hi all,

So I bumped the karaf-plugin to a newer version and changed the tests to auto-disable tests
requiring internet connections when doing an offline build.

Hope things start working with you guys .. and please, if something goes wrong, please try
building on a console and not in an IDE and try using mvnw instead of a installed version.

Chris

Von: Otto Fowler <ottobackwards@gmail.com>
Datum: Samstag, 19. Januar 2019 um 14:22
An: "dev@plc4x.apache.org" <dev@plc4x.apache.org>, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
Betreff: Re: Hardening our build ... what I learnt

If you replace the explicit host names with ip address strings, then you will not get unknown
host exceptions.  the InetAddress getByName only validates the structure of the ip address
string, it doesn’t resolve it.
Since you aren’t testing if InetAddress getByName can resolve, and I don’t think you are
doing anything different based on the address being an ip or a host, I would just use ip addresses
everywhere.

Some people like being able to utilize git’s local report/complete history and code from
some places where they don’t have network access ;)

Note:

[INFO] Integrations: Apache Karaf: Simulated .............. SUCCESS [  0.198 s]
[INFO] Integrations: Apache Karaf: Demo Server ............ FAILURE [  1.945 s]

Still fails after the above changes w/ no network, but I’ve not looked at it.

On January 18, 2019 at 16:42:47, Otto Fowler (ottobackwards@gmail.com<mailto:ottobackwards@gmail.com>)