plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Draft of a PLC4X XML based protocol definition ...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2019 12:55:05 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to ask you to have a look on something I have been working on for the past weeks.

Today I added a pseudo SCXML definition of the s7 protocol. It’s pseudo as the handling
of the elements in the “plc4x” namespace have no matching implementation and would require
coding and perhaps even extending or modification of Daffodil.

But I would like to ask you if you could grow familiar with this sort of protocol definition.

If I was to finish a driver implementation like this, a new supported protocol would be something
like: write the DFDL definition of the message format and then define the state-machine for
the sequence of messages. In general this could be all.

I do like this sort of definition as it makes it really easy to read and understand. I guess
I could probably have the build automatically generate diagrams of the protocol interaction
and byte representations of the used messages using the tools we already have.

Also everything being XML I could also generate the model and the protocol drivers from it
in any language we want.

Please feel free to comment … no … actually I would really, really like to hear some comments.

Chris