plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Full-Stack example
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2019 16:47:51 GMT
Hi all,

I just pushed a little example. Well … little is a little understatement.
It’s a 4 module example consisting of:

  *   A common root module
  *   An Apache Royale JavaScript frontend
  *   A Spring Service module
  *   A Spring-Boot WAR application bunding the client and the service into a web-application

In general it’s a little application to control a little robot we built (Therefore the UI
consists of 9 totally ugly big buttons)
As soon as you press one of these buttons a rest-service is called in the spring-boot application
and this then controls a S7 device.

As soon as you build the module, you can start it via “java -jar hello-webapp-webapp-0.4.0-SNAPSHOT.war”

You should be able to access the UI by pointing your browser to:

http://localhost:8080/index.html

It will probably not work 100% as I used our little demo robot here and you will probably
not have that, but in the next few days I’m planning on making it prettier and more functional.
And make it work with our simulated driver. Then you can use it even if it will definitely
not drive anything ;-)

For me this was a test as I have not used Royale ever before since it split from the Flex
project.
It being the only usable Apache UI technology, I thought I’d swallow my grudge I have on
the Royales and give it a try (Ok we don’t want Struts, MyFaces or Cocoon)

Chris