pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject Plans for 2.1 features
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 03:22:45 GMT
Hi all,
                I've been busy making a bunch of changes to the Pivot "trunk" code hopefully
in preparation for a new 2.1 release in the first part of 2018.  But, there are already a
number of changes and enhancements that have been made to "trunk", in addition to bug fixes,
that are over-and-above what is in the 2.0.5 release.
                So, among the upcoming things for 2.1 are (with notes on the status):

*         Commons VFS file browser (need to update our cached lib to the release version and
correct any problems)

*         IME support for direct input of Asian languages (note: TextArea still needs doing,
TextInput and TextPane are done)

*         Move default styles into .json file for easy change of theme (just barely started,
so not done yet) (enables the entire look & feel to be changed in just three .json files)

*         NumberRuler, Ruler new components (for headings) (Ruler is in demos/tutorials, but
should be moved to mainline, NumberRuler is in my application and just needs porting)

*          Java 8 support/feature use, Nashorn fixes (still bugs - see PIVOT-994)

*         Default methods on some interfaces (note: should we change Adapter to default methods
instead? This would be new)

*         Changes to Listener interfaces (internal - move the listener lists into the interfaces
themselves)

*         Numerous bug fixes and internal improvements (param checking, etc.)

*         Improvements in "decode" methods for Insets, Dimensions, Point, Span, etc. (allow
JSON lists, arrays, etc.)

*         Changes/fixes to selection logic in text fields (double- and triple-click, plus
make selecting with arrows work like other apps) (in progress)

*         Ctrl-Tab navigation through TabPane

*         Better handling of uncaught exceptions in background threads

*         Full support for CSS3/X11 color names for all controls (like "AliceBlue", "Chartreuse",
and "Goldenrod" for instance)

*         Multiple main window support (in our application, needs porting)

*         Add a circular gauge as a display-only control (again in our application, just needs
porting)

*         Property Grid control (also in our code)

*         Support for console logging and debugging (started)

*         Support for logging using LOG4J2

*         Support for real Mac menus (easy)

I have much more I've been thinking about, but I don't have time to mention them all here.

                Hopefully this will whet your appetite as to what is coming up.

Thanks,
Roger Whitcomb