pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Remove Applets from our Demos/Tutorials ?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:59:56 GMT
Hi all,
since some time Applets are no more enabled in modern browsers (only
Internet Explorer up to 11 if I remember well), so I'm wondering on
removing them from our Demos and Tutorials (both in generated war
files) and in our Web Site.

Then, remove even the dependencies on the Java Plugin
(netscape.plugin.*, etc), from the DOM of pages, etc.

Of course only for the trunk (for 2.1.x), or maybe for a later release
(2.5.x) ... and maybe ensure that in pages we have a (working) JNLP
file.

What do you think ?
Someone still is using Applets (maybe for legacy applications/browsers) ?

Of course a related JIRA issue would track all this, some time is needed ...

Bye,
Sandro