pivot-user mailing list archives

From Jérôme Serré <jerome.michel.se...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Upcoming 2.0.5 release
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 07:21:35 GMT
Hello Roger,

Thank you for that.

I would like to know if it is planned, on your side, to manage the
compatibility to java 9 on the one hand and the non-compatibility with
browsers in general on the other hand ?
Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jérôme Serré

From: Roger Whitcomb [mailto:Roger.Whitcomb@actian.com]
Sent: mardi 13 juin 2017 02:08
To: 'dev@pivot.apache.org' <dev@pivot.apache.org>; Pivot Users
<user@pivot.apache.org>
Subject: Upcoming 2.0.5 release

Hi all,

                I have pushed out the remaining issues assigned to me for
the 2.0.5 version, leaving only the code-signing issue for Sandro.  So, we’d
like to start the process of getting 2.0.5 out the door.  There are many bug
fixes in this release (including the show-stopper Version parsing bug from
Java 8u131…), so it will be good to have this release done.

                I have also been making a ton of changes for 2.1 to support
the Input Method Editors (for Far-Eastern language support) for TextInput,
TextArea, and TextPane, as well as a lot of internal code improvements,
including fixing the Nashorn scripting engine (Java 8) compatibility.  So,
this will be a good release as well, but probably not ready for another few
months.

Thanks,

Roger Whitcomb