pivot-user mailing list archives

From Tom <...@soaringclub.org>
Subject Re: Beginning basic pivot application
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 11:51:15 GMT
Did you install the Pivot plugin in Eclipse?

If you do, there will be two additional options when you run the program from Eclipse:

1) Run as Pivot Application - where you select the source file with the main class,  or

2) Run as Pivot script - where you select the .bxml file.

You can run a Pivot Application from Eclipse as a Java Application (without using the plugin)
but it would have to be written in a way that is different than many of the Pivot demos.

Hope this helps.

"The more the merrier."

Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitcomb@actian.com> wrote:

>So, I haven't used Eclipse in a long time, but there should be a text field in the project
settings (something like that) where you put in the main application class name....  Does
that ring any bells?

>You could also do something really low-tech and just compile your main class using "javac"
from the command line, put the Pivot .jar files in the CLASSPATH in the environment, and then
run the program with "java main.class.name" (which is how I usually do things).

>But, assuming you did put the main class name into the right place in Eclipse, maybe you
didn't make you main class "public"?  That could cause a problem also.

>HTH,
>~Roger

the command line?!  Did you create a .jar file?  We're you using ScriptApplication?  What
was the exact command line that you used?? The more details you give us, the easier it will
be to help.

>> Thanks,
>> ~Roger Whitcomb
>>
>> On April 28, 2016, at 4:36 AM, Bikramjeet Singh <singh.bikramjeet3@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> HI,
>> I need to use Apache pivot for my GSoc project this year and I was beginning to learn
how to use it from tutorials. So while following the basic steps of setting up the project
and trying the code given in hello world! Tutorial I'm receiving the error "Application class
name is required".