pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE:
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 19:54:23 GMT
Hi Josh,
                That just looks like a bug to me.  Can you file a JIRA and provide a patch
along with, and I will commit the changeā€¦

Thank you!
~Roger

From: Josh Highley [mailto:joshhighley@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:15 PM
To: user@pivot.apache.org

In my bxml, I defined a TextInputContentListener method for previewInsertText in script.
The method was getting invoked, but my returned Vote seemed to get ignored.  Stepping through
the code, I found that BXMLSerializer never assigns the result variable and ignores the returned
value when the method is specified as an attribute but not when it's a child element.  Is
there a reason for this, or is this a bug?

I'm using 2.0.4, but the same code is in trunk

BXMLSerializer:

inner class AttributeInvocationHandler, method invoke(Object proxy, Method method, Object[]
args)

   // If the function didn't return a value, return the default

   Class<?> returnType = method.getReturnType();

   if (returnType == Vote.class) {

       result = Vote.APPROVE;

   } else if (returnType == Boolean.TYPE) {

       result = false;

   }

   return result;

inner class ElementInvocationHandler, method invoke(Object proxy, Method method, Object[]
args)

   // If the function didn't return a value, return the default

   if (result == null) {

      Class<?> returnType = method.getReturnType();

      if (returnType == Vote.class) {

         result = Vote.APPROVE;

      } else if (returnType == Boolean.TYPE) {

         result = false;

      }

   }

   return result;