pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject Re: Beginning basic pivot application
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 23:47:31 GMT
So, I haven't used Eclipse in a long time, but there should be a text field in the project
settings (something like that) where you put in the main application class name....  Does
that ring any bells?

You could also do something really low-tech and just compile your main class using "javac"
from the command line, put the Pivot .jar files in the CLASSPATH in the environment, and then
run the program with "java main.class.name" (which is how I usually do things).

But, assuming you did put the main class name into the right place in Eclipse, maybe you didn't
make you main class "public"?  That could cause a problem also.

HTH,
~Roger

From: Bikramjeet Singh <singh.bikramjeet3@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 10:07:31 AM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Beginning basic pivot application

HI,
no actually I used eclipse to run the file and imported all the necessary jar files too.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28-Apr-2016, at 7:26 PM, Roger and Beth Whitcomb <RogerandBeth@rbwhitcomb.com>
wrote:

> Hi and welcome to Pivot!  I'm excited to have you doing your GSoC project with us !
>
> So, as far as your specific error -- I assume you tried to run your program from the
command line?!  Did you create a .jar file?  We're you using ScriptApplication?  What was
the exact command line that you used?? The more details you give us, the easier it will be
to help.

> Thanks,
> ~Roger Whitcomb
>
> On April 28, 2016, at 4:36 AM, Bikramjeet Singh <singh.bikramjeet3@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
> I need to use Apache pivot for my GSoc project this year and I was beginning to learn
how to use it from tutorials. So while following the basic steps of setting up the project
and trying the code given in hello world! Tutorial I'm receiving the error "Application class
name is required".