pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: BXMLSerializer: different handling of script return values
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 15:13:09 GMT
Oh, okay, I just read an announcement that there was a SPAM attack on the ASF JIRA instance
and they had to change permissions across the board to only allow committers to create issues.
At least for now.

So, I guess I have to create the issue. But can you send me your idea of the issue description,
etc. and I will create it for you.

Sorry about this. I'll see what I can do to fix this for you.

Thanks,
~Roger Whitcomb

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 8:01 AM, Roger Whitcomb <RogerandBeth@rbwhitcomb.com> wrote:
>
> I just tried it and going in from pivot.apache.org if I click on the red "Create" button,
Pivot shows up at the top but doesn't show up later in "All Projects". So just try again.

> Or I can create the issue and you can comment on it.
>
> ~Roger Whitcomb
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Apr 22, 2016, at 7:16 AM, Josh Highley <joshhighley@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I must be missing something:  I've submitted Pivot issues on JIRA before (ex: PIVOT-980),
but now when I go to Create Issue, Pivot isn't in the list of Projects.
>> <image.png>
>>

>>> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitcomb@actian.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi Josh,
>>>
>>>                 That just looks like a bug to me.  Can you file a JIRA and provide
a patch along with, and I will commit the changeā€¦

>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> ~Roger

in script.  The method was getting invoked, but my returned Vote seemed to get ignored.  Stepping
through the code, I found that BXMLSerializer never assigns the result variable and ignores
the returned value when the method is specified as an attribute but not when it's a child
element.  Is there a reason for this, or is this a bug?

>>> I'm using 2.0.4, but the same code is in trunk
>>>

>>> BXMLSerializer:
>>>

>>> inner class AttributeInvocationHandler, method invoke(Object proxy, Method method,
Object[] args)