pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger and Beth Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: MVC application
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 17:23:31 GMT
Hey Tom,
     I'm not sure what you mean by a "detached MVC approach".  IMO the
"store" method of RowEditor is the canonical place to do the update --
this is what is meant to happen there.
     Can you do the parse beforehand and store some intermediate
representation?  That would be my first thought, without knowing more
about the whole process.

Thanks,
~Roger

On 4/14/16 9:53 AM, Tom Coleman wrote:
> Can someone please share some thoughts on an MVC approach to this application using Pivot?
>
> The question arises from trying to figure out how best to rewrite data changed by a TableViewRowEditor.
>
> Data underlying the model is a sequence of bytes, the position and length of which can
represent different data types.   These can be parsed and converted to TableData objects (the
model?) which can be rendered and edited as Pivot ListButtons, TextInputs, and Checkboxes.
> The parse is expensive and the position and length data can be stored in the TableData
cell to facilitate the rewrite.

> I can probably rewrite the data as part of the "store" process in the RowEditor, but
can someone suggest a more detached MVC approach?