pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Editing "disabled" TableView column data
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 19:06:13 GMT
Yes, the row editors can be messy to setup.  Every time I’ve done it, there is a ton of code.
 Likely a chance for some new features for version 2.1 ;)

Would it help if I dig up some examples?

One thing I can think of about read-only columns is to just render a Label there, or you could
put in a TextInput with “readonly” set to true.

It’s also important to call the “super.beginEdit()” inside your own “beginEdit”
method because the super does the “load” from the current data object into your row editor
components, and conversely to call the super method from your “endEdit” method also (to
do the “store” back into the data object).

One trick I’ve been using in other areas, if you have a fixed set of data types that need
to be edited, is just to create a small BXML file with just the row editor in it.  That way
your Java code is reduced considerably from just instantiating and setting up each of the
components directly in code.  Of course, if you have completely dynamic data, then that won’t
work…

Let us know how it’s going.
~Roger

From: Tom [mailto:tom@soaringclub.org]
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2016 8:21 AM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Editing "disabled" TableView column data

So far I derived a TableViewCellRenderer that can render a cell as "disabled".

The trick then is to process this information in the TableViewRowEditor, which I have done
by creating my own. (I found it difficult to extend Pivot's - basically wound it copying it
and renaming it.)

My RowEditor can now disable the appropriate CellEditor Component. So far so good.

At the moment I am wrestling with understanding TableView data binding.

It seemed like I was heading down a path of endlessly extending Components.

So far it looks like I can have an "editable" property in a custom TableView cell class (OlympicStanding).

I know I can disable CellEditors. Right now the only unknown is how editor Components will
bind to custom objects in cells.

Let me know if I'm making this more complicated than it is.

Thanks

Tom

Sandro Martini <sandro.martini@gmail.com<mailto:sandro.martini@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Tom,
welcome to Pivot and sorry for the delay.

What do you mean by disabled data ?
A row that's not editable ?
I remember a prototype made by a user (but never proposed for a real inclusion in Pivot) to
select or render cells in a different way ... do you need something like this ?

Anyway we have some example of table row editing, I can give you more details.

Note that in our sources in svn (both branch 2.0.x and trunk) there is an example subproject
with some not so trivial  samples.

On documentation I know that could be improved,  and any help is welcome :-) ...
Note that all our mailing lists are public so you can find many info in some indexing services
like Nabble.

Bye,
Sandro
Il 04/Feb/2016 19:21, "Tom Coleman" <tom@soaringclub.org<mailto:tom@soaringclub.org>>