pivot-user mailing list archives

From Tom Coleman <...@soaringclub.org>
Subject Re: Editing "disabled" TableView column data
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 16:31:00 GMT

Re: load and store in the bean objects:  I can't find any example.  It looks to me like cell
editor Components load data via JSON.get, but that this binding can be overridden.

What would really help right now is some feedback on the DataBindingTest (org.apache.pivot.tests).
 I can't make any sense of it.

Thanks,

Tom

On Feb 8, 2016, at 10:46 AM, Roger and Beth Whitcomb wrote:

> Definitely row/cell editors use data binding to "load" and "store" values into your TableView
data objects.  So, the super of your RowEditor will call the "load" method before beginning
the edit, and then at the end of the edit will call "store".  It is up to you to implement
these methods on your bean objects.

> I should be able to give you a better explanation later today -- have some appointments...
>
> Thanks,
> ~Roger
>
> On 2/7/16 8:20 AM, Tom wrote:
>> So far I derived a TableViewCellRenderer that can render a cell as "disabled".
>>
>> The trick then is to process this information in the TableViewRowEditor, which I
have done by creating my own. (I found it difficult to extend Pivot's - basically wound it
copying it and renaming it.)

>> My RowEditor can now disable the appropriate CellEditor Component. So far so good.
>>
>> At the moment I am wrestling with understanding TableView data binding.
>>
>> It seemed like I was heading down a path of endlessly extending Components.
>>
>> So far it looks like I can have an "editable" property in a custom TableView cell
class (OlympicStanding).

>> I know I can disable CellEditors. Right now the only unknown is how editor Components
will bind to custom objects in cells.

>> Let me know if I'm making this more complicated than it is.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> Sandro Martini <sandro.martini@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>> welcome to Pivot and sorry for the delay.
>>
>> What do you mean by disabled data ?
>> A row that's not editable ?
>> I remember a prototype made by a user (but never proposed for a real inclusion in
Pivot) to select or render cells in a different way ... do you need something like this ?

>> Anyway we have some example of table row editing, I can give you more details.
>>
>> Note that in our sources in svn (both branch 2.0.x and trunk) there is an example
subproject with some not so trivial  samples.
>> On documentation I know that could be improved,  and any help is welcome :-) ...
>> Note that all our mailing lists are public so you can find many info in some indexing
services like Nabble.

>> Bye,
>> Sandro
>> Il 04/Feb/2016 19:21, "Tom Coleman" <tom@soaringclub.org> ha scritto:
>>
>> Here's one condition that I could use some guidance on.
>>
>> I've basically figured out how to display data ini a TableView as "disabled".  This
basically involves examining the data in context and rendering an appropriate style.  So far
so good.

>> But once identified as "disabled", how should I go about disallowing editing of the
column?

>> That ends my question.  Editorial comments follow:
>>
>> I've been wading through the project and so far have been quite impressed.
>>
>> Between the web docs, the API docs, tutorials, examples, demos, tests and source
code, there is not much that someone with time and patience can't figure out.