pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven build and javadoc
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 13:28:18 GMT
Hi Tom,
note that Pivot build was setup years ago, when Ant was mainstream,
and it's not a project requiring a complex build (so Maven or Gradle
or other aren't strictly required).

Anyway if there is enough interest in the community I'm available to
discuss/implement a new version of our build system for example with
Gradle, but only for some common tasks (and if needed keep others with
Ant, could be a good compromise for now) because there are others not
so simple to migrate but only for the code in trunk 2.1.x (or better
for next major release, 2.5.x).

Anyway, currently if you have ant available and in the CLASSPATH the
ant-maven bridge jar, you have to:

$ ant maven-install

that generates Pivot jars in a format compatible with binary jars,
source jars, javadoc jars, and install them in a local maven
repository.

Note that pom.xml files in our sources are not usable directly because
our build system does a replace of varibles inside (like the @VERSION@
you wrote before).

Last (just for info), some year ago I wrote a Maven archetype (a
near-empty template project) for Pivot, you can find its sources here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/skunk/

but it has never been published in maven main repository because we
didn't have a valid vote to release it.
Even for this, is there is enough community interest we can update and
try a vote ...

As always, be free to ask for more info.

Bye,
Sandro