pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger and Beth Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: JAVA 8 bxml script variables not working
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 16:14:06 GMT
Hi Mark,
     I think I see why the line numbers in your stack trace don't match
the current source:  I made some updates to fix Javadoc warnings (found
by Java 8) and hadn't rebuilt with those changes. So, I will send you a
new set of .jar files that should give me an accurate stack trace so we
can track down where (probably) some other changes need to be made.
     The basic issue that was (partially) fixed is that under the
Nashorn scripting engine in Java 8 (which is different than the Rhino
engine from earlier releases) is that the global variables go into a
separate namespace (the "nashorn.global" space) and that needs to be
searched for variables, methods, etc.  So, likely the problem you're
having is because there is another place in the code that needs this
workaround (see the new "substituteGlobals" private method in
BXMLSerializer.java) that I missed in my earlier changes. Having an
accurate stack trace from your failure should pinpoint the place.
     So, expect those new .jar files separately shortly.

Thanks,
~Roger