pivot-user mailing list archives

From <m...@mrchambers.org>
Subject RE: JAVA 8 bxml script variables not working
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 07:37:38 GMT
Hi Roger,

You can just email them to me;]

Regards,
Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger and Beth Whitcomb [mailto:RogerandBeth@rbwhitcomb.com]
Sent: Thursday, 29 October 2015 1:25 PM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: JAVA 8 bxml script variables not working

Hi Mark,
     Yes, I do have some built .jar files.  Not sure where to put them where you could access
them.  Let me give that some thought, or do you have a Dropbox or someplace?

Thanks,
~Roger

On 10/28/15 11:05 PM, mark@mrchambers.org wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> I am still getting the same error, after building again from trunk...
>
> Any chance you have some compiled jars I can try? (Very likely I have
> done something wrong in the build process...since I use IntelliJ and
> sometimes the Eclipse/Maven projects change things...)
>
> Regards,
> Mark.

and 2.0.5 versions).  So, please let me know if you still have problems with your built versions.

> BTW, I think this is one good reason to make the push to get 2.0.5 released.
>
> Thanks,
> ~Roger
>
> On 10/26/15 3:40 AM, mark@mrchambers.org wrote:
>> Hi Sandro,
>>
>> Thank you for the fast response;]
>> I will build from the trunk and let you know the result.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mark.

speaking has other fixes/improvements) because 2.0.5 and 2.1.0 still are not released.

>> Keep us updated.
>>
>> Thanks for now,
>> Sandro

>>> Having the same trouble with upgrade to JAVA 8 as may have been
>>> mentioned in PIVOT-965.
>>> Basically variables set in bxml:script are not accessible in the
>>> rest of the bxml file.
>>>
>>> <bxml:script>
>>>           var vCellWidth = 788/10 - (9*4)/10;
>>>           var vCellHeight = 68;
>>>           var vCellWidth5 = 5*vCellWidth+4*4; </bxml:script>
>>>
>>>       <CardPane bxml:id="logincardpane">
>>>           <BoxPane orientation="vertical">
>>>               <TablePane styleName="tablepanestylelogin"
>>> styles="{horizontalSpacing:1, verticalSpacing:10,
>>>                   showHorizontalGridLines:false,
>>> showVerticalGridLines:false}">
>>>                   <columns>
>>>                       <TablePane.Column width="$vCellWidth5"/>
>>>
>>> Returns:
>>> Caused by: org.apache.pivot.serialization.SerializationException:
>>> Value "vCellWidth5" is not defined.
>>>           at
>>> org.apache.pivot.beans.BXMLSerializer.processAttributes(BXMLSerializer.java:1092)
>>>           at
>>> org.apache.pivot.beans.BXMLSerializer.processStartElement(BXMLSerializer.java:818)
>>>           at
>>> org.apache.pivot.beans.BXMLSerializer.readObject(BXMLSerializer.java:
>>> 4