pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone using ...?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 08:51:54 GMT
Hi all,
sorry for the delay but I was in bed with flu ...

my toy projects with Groovy and Scala didn't have specific problems.
Just for info, I tried even to use Scala as scripting language inside
bxml files and in this case problems are due to Scala not using
default Java Beans conventions.

In trunk there are some small features that could be useful with
Groovy/Scala, for example:
- the ability to set a Classloader from an outside environment (like
from a Groovy script) ... there should be a sample for this if I
remember well
- some work (only started) with immutable containers, and support for
SAM-like methods (good even for Java 8) ...

I'm starting to prototipe a simple DSL for building Pivot UI (instead
of bxml) and checked at compile time, on this Groovy and Scala are
great !!
This could even open the way for another skin where the output is HTML
5, and a running app using that skin could serve its GUI opening
default browser (if any) on that port (and of course making it
available even to others) ...

What do you think ?

Bye,
Sandro