pivot-user mailing list archives

From Nick Makes <npm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Custom Themes
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 18:55:07 GMT
Sandro,

Thanks for the advice with trying it out on the Kitchen Sink demo. After looking at the BXML
for that, I noticed everything was wrapped in a Border container that had a background color
set...after I mimicked that behavior things have began looking significantly better than before.
Thanks!

I will try to send some screenshots of what I saw before and what my BXML looked like. However,
I'm guessing what I ran into was more a product of not ever explicitly setting a background
color in the hopes a default dark color would take hold. I'm at work and cannot send email
from my laptop while here.

Thanks again,
Nick

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Sandro Martini <sandro.martini@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Nick,

> So I've been playing around with the Color Scheme Builder and installing various *theme.json
files at runtime.
good

> However, I'm running into an issue with my darker themes.
I well understand ...
With Color Scheme Builder, what you see is it good (for your goal) ?

> In my custom json file for the color theme, I have the "themeIsDark: true" setting listed.
I'm using v2.0.4 for a Pivot version.
good.
As a trick, if you have Pivot sources you could even try to update
main TerraTheme_default.json, and run all applications with it without
specifying your custom file (and even to better show how the UI
looks); I this way I use Component Explorer and Kitchen Sink to ensure
that custom colors looks good in more complex combinations of
components.

> Is there a solution to getting everything inside the window a similar colored background?
it depends on components used, and this is a kind of changes I made in
trunk (already committed)
> I would prefer the dark colors, but if that means there will still be places that the
white shows then I'll just revert to using the default.
In trunk there are changes even to fix this.
Could you attach here a screenshot, and maybe even a minimal bxml file
so I can take a look ?

If you have some time, could you try even with Pivot-2.1.0 (not
released but code base is stable enough) currently in trunk ?
I made a lot of changes there for improving/fix visual styles (normal
and dark) ...

Tell me if you need more info/help.

Bye,
Sandro