pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Heinrich Reich" <trixte...@web.de>
Subject Drawing a display on top of a canvas
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 23:12:22 GMT
Hey guys,

I am working with an OpenGL based framework (LibGdx) and I am drawing all my OpenGL stuff
onto a java.awt.Canvas. Now my problem is that I want to draw a Pivot GUI on top of the canvas
but the Display hides everything behind it, even if I change the backgroundColor style to
“new Color(0,0,0,0)”. Here is a picture to illustrate my problem:

how it looks: http://imageshack.com/a/img703/6864/p8ar.png
how it should look: http://imageshack.com/a/img18/2623/7kbk.png
and here are the borders of the display: http://imageshack.com/a/img585/6462/eoy9.png

Do I have to reimplement the DisplayHost class or is there another way to draw a Pivot GUI
above a Canvas.
Btw, the problem is not related to the fact that I am drawing with OpenGL to the canvas. I
tested it with another canvas object which was generated with normal Java2D.

Some other information:
  a.. Everything is rendered in a JFrame.
  b.. The Pivot DisplayHost and the Canvas are inside a JPanel.
I hope you guys can help me. I could not find anything useful on the internet.

Thanks for your help!

- Trixt0r