pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speeding up Apache Pivot For embedded Application
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:14:47 GMT
Hi Mark,

> Is there anyway to make sun.awt.GlobalCursorManager$NativeUpdater.run() more efficient?
No (sorry), this class is bundled in rt.jar (the main jar for the
JRE), so unless you provide a patched JRE I don't think it's possible
(assuming from a legal point of view it's doable, by the license). And
we don't use it directly of course ...
Note that probably this class interacts with Threads, native (OS
specific) functions and Window Managers and other complex stuff, so
anyway it would be an hard task. Its source is not in the usual
src.zip (in root of JDK).

Here an online version of that class (taken from OpenJDK-7):
http://www.docjar.com/html/api/sun/awt/GlobalCursorManager.java.html

Just for curiosity: did you tried with Oracle JDK or Open JDK ? Could
you try to swap ?

Bye,
Sandro