pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger and Beth Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: Error setting property "content"...
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 02:40:56 GMT
Hi Ilya,
     Welcome to Pivot!  Thanks for bringing your questions to the list.
Every question helps other people too!

     So, to your question:  it looks like the main .bxml you load is the
modified "stock_tracker_window.bxml", and that you are trying to put a
window into the middle of that TablePane.  I'm not sure why you are
doing that, but that is the main problem.  I presume that your MenuBars
class is derived from Window, which must be a top-level object (as the
error message implies).  A Window is not meant to be put inside other
components, but to be the parent of other components.  It looks to me
like you could simply load your "menu2.bxml" as the main .bxml file of
your application and everything would work fine.

HTH,
~Roger