pivot-user mailing list archives

From Ilya Zimnovich <zimnov...@gmail.com>
Subject Error setting property "content"...
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2014 22:42:44 GMT
Dear Apache Pivot experts,

I would like to add a top level menu bar to the application. I have
modified the StockTracker app's main window BXML file like this:

stock_tracker_window.bxml
    <TablePane styles="{padding:8, horizontalSpacing:6, verticalSpacing:6}">
        <columns>
            <TablePane.Column width="1*" />
        </columns>

        <TablePane.Row height="-1">
            <Border styles="{padding:6, color:10}">
                <bxml:include src="menu_2.bxml"/>
            </Border>
        </TablePane.Row>

        <TablePane.Row height="-1">
            <Label text="%stockTracker"
                styles="{font:{size:14, bold:true},
verticalAlignment:'center'}" />
        </TablePane.Row>

After trying to run the application I always got:
Java.lang.RuntimeException
Error setting property "content" for type org.apache.pivot.wtk.Border to
value "com.expo.finance.MenuBars"
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Window parent must be
null or display, cannot be org.apache.pivot.wtk.Border

Below is the source of "menu_2.bxml" file:
<menus:MenuBars title="Menu Bars" maximized="true"
    styles="{padding:{top:0, left:4, bottom:4, right:4},
showWindowControls:false}"
    xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
    xmlns:content="org.apache.pivot.wtk.content"
    xmlns:menus="com.expo.finance"
    xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">
    <bxml:define>
        <FileBrowserSheet bxml:id="fileBrowserSheet"/>
    </bxml:define>

    <actionMappings>
        <Window.ActionMapping action="fileNew" keyStroke="CMD-N"/>
        <Window.ActionMapping action="fileOpen" keyStroke="CMD-O"/>
    </actionMappings>

    <menuBar>
        <MenuBar>
            <MenuBar.Item buttonData="File">