pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <rwhitc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Alert and Prompt "OK" button Encoding
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:12:30 GMT
Hi Jerry,
     Welcome to Pivot!  So, I looked at your code from the link below.
The "OK" text comes from a JSON file inside Pivot itself, and is not
translated even in the Chinese version of that file. Since you are
overriding the Theme font with the "PMingLiU" font, my first guess would
be that this font does not display the ASCII code points, and that is
why you get two squares showing up -- this is the typical display when a
particular font does not have glyphs for the characters it is trying to
display.  You can confirm that with a Unicode tool such as "BabelMap" on
Windows (see http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Software/BabelMap.html).
Although I don't know much about it, I think you can use/create a
"composite" font that would combine a font face that supports the ASCII
range plus the Chinese character set into a single font and then use
that as the "theme" font in Pivot.
     Maybe someone else has some experience with this...

~Roger