pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Error setting property "content"...
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 18:38:45 GMT
Noted that there could be improvement in our tutorial examples for desktop applications.

Thanks,
~Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: Ilya Zimnovich [mailto:zimnovich@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 9:07 AM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error setting property "content"...

Dear Roger,

Thanks for your help! You are right, the problem was due to the MenuBars class was derived
from Window.

I just examined the MenuBars tutorial and took the MenuBars class and the "menu_bars.bxml"
file from the example as the basis for the top level menu of my application. Well, it turned
out however that the MenuBars class was actually a top level window, while I thought (because
of its name) that it is a container for menu items. I feel like it should be called something
like MenuBarsWindow or MenuBarsFrame to avoid confusion.

I sure the Apache Pivot tutorials are missing the example of StockTracker like desktop application
with top level menus, tool-bars and maybe child panels or dialogs for the Apache Pivot newbies
to start with.

Best Regards,
Ilya A. Zimnovich