pivot-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Brampton ...@bramp.net>
Subject Creating reusable component - How to register Skin?
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:04:12 GMT
I am making a HexEditor component, that can efficiently scan through a
large file. I want the component to be re-usable, but I've hit a problem
with the Skin.

For my component to work, I have to call:
Theme.getTheme().set(HexEditor.class, HexEditorSkin.class);

I don't really want my users to have to do that.

So what's the best practice here?
Should I call that from within my HexEditor constructor? At the risk of
overriding something the user may have set,
Or should I tell my users to register the Skin themselves?

thanks
Andrew