pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger and Beth Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: Adding Data into a Spinner from JAVA code?
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 05:22:03 GMT
Hi Mark,
     The data for a Spinner should be a
org.apache.pivot.collections.List of something (and it could be an
unknown or List<?>).  The default list for a Spinner is an immutable
list, so trying to add to it won't work.  And adding a Label component
won't be necessary either because the skin just wants to call the
"toString()" method of the list element in order to render it.
     So, the right thing would be to keep your List<String> spinnerData
= new ArrayList<String>(); separately, then add the string data to it as
you get more text.  Just call "setSpinnerData(spinnerData)" once, and
the spinner itself will update its display as you add data to the data
list (that's why it has to be a Pivot List, so the component gets
notified of changes to the data itself.

HTH,
~Roger

P.S. It would be better create a new email thread than replying to an
earlier, unrelated posting.  Thanks.