pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Adding Data into a Spinner from JAVA code?
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:29:18 GMT
Hi Mark,
                You can make a custom SpinnerItemRenderer, and call spinner.setItemRenderer(myCustomRenderer).
 I guess my question would be:  how are you going to tell (from the data) what color to make
it?

~Roger

From: Mark R. Chambers [mailto:mark@mrchambers.org]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 11:36 PM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: RE: Adding Data into a Spinner from JAVA code?

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your reply... to enable me to change the colour of the text in the list any ideas?
I had a look at modifying the numericspinnerdata object but it does only seem to get the String...
I could rewrite a component Spinner? Based off the Spinner code... but seems like a fair bit
of work;

Anyway for other code to add to a spinner is (Still can't get SetSelectedItem to work...):
    ArrayList<String> mMessages = new ArrayList<String>();

    public boolean addStatusMessage(String vStatus)
    {
        mMessages.add(vStatus);
        ApplicationContext.queueCallback(new TaskAddSpinnerMessage(mTRNGUIWindow.mStatusSpinner,
mMessages), true);
        return true;
    }

    /** */
    private class TaskAddSpinnerMessage implements Runnable
    {
        Spinner mSpinner;
        ArrayList<String> mMessage;
        public TaskAddSpinnerMessage (Spinner vSpinner,ArrayList<String> vMessage)
        {
            mMessage = vMessage;
            mSpinner = vSpinner;
        }

        public void run ()
        {
            mSpinner.setSpinnerData(mMessage);
            mSpinner.setSelectedItem(mMessage.get(mMessage.getLength()));
        }
    }

Regards,
Mark.