pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: How to Run Application without DesktopApplicationContext
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 18:34:30 GMT
the way your app is architected.  So, maybe you could explain a bit more.
                Again, thanks for trying Pivot, and I hope we can get you going!

~Roger

From: Mark R. Chambers [mailto:mark@mrchambers.org]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 6:11 AM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: How to Run Application without DesktopApplicationContext

Hi Pivot,

My application is not GUI centric, and I don't want to make the GUI the main part of the application.

How can I pass variables back from  DesktopApplicationContext or start a pivot application
without  DesktopApplicationContext?

BACKGROUND:

I have an existing application and I am replacing the GUI component with Pivot, it is a component
of a much larger application. I previously just had a GUI object that I called and it made
the GUI etc. and I could pass state information and values back to the main application. Is
there any way to do this with pivot? Or do I need to modify the pivot src? (Or choose another
GUI option, although I have battled with pivot for 3 days. to convert my GUI, and now find
out that I can't seem to be able to get any variables back to the main program.)

Regards,
Mark