pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Chart Styles
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 18:17:58 GMT
Alright, I get it.  Seems like there should be a way that you could specify any one of them,
without having to make a separate method for each index (by passing the index as well as the
color).  But, at the moment I can't think of how it would look.  But, if you're still in need
of this, I will look into it....

~Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: bentoucour [mailto:benjamin.hattab@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 7:44 AM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Chart Styles

Hi Roger,

I'm fairly new here. I haven't raised a JIRA issue for it.

Yes, I was using the JFreeChart wrapper library. Especially:
biz.ixnay.pivot.charts.skin.jfree.LineChartViewSkin.java.

To solve one of my problems, I added a "firstSeriesColor" parameter with getter/setter and
these 2 lines in the createChart method:

  CategoryItemRenderer renderer = plot.getRenderer();
  renderer.setSeriesPaint(0, firstSeriesColor);

Then, I paint my charts from my main window class by calling:
myChartView.setStyles(map)

I know it's kind of a quick and dirty fix but that's all I could think of for the time I had
for this.

To be clear, I'm trying to implement a dynamic chart solution for a monitoring tool (similar
to what JConsole has). I don't have real need for fancy styles, only chart colors.

Thanks,
Ben