pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger and Beth Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: How to Run Application without DesktopApplicationContext
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 20:17:58 GMT
Hi Mark,
     I have to apologize for confusing the issue.  When I said "create
an application class" I meant "write the code for an application
class".  Of course, the actual class object is created inside
DesktopApplicationContext.main, so (right now) there is no way to create
it first before this call.  So, (again right now) you would have to use
Sandro's mechanism to pass parameters to your main class, or what you
have come up with.
     I'm thinking, though, that we could possibly add an alternate
signature for DesktopApplicationContext.main that would accept an
already created application object, instead of the class object. Maybe I
will look into that, if it would help you in your use case?!  Looking at
the code, it is a little tricky, but I think I can rearrange the code to
accommodate the existing signatures (Class, String[]) and (String[]) as
well as provide a (Application object, String[]) as well by delegating
to some other internal methods.  Maybe this would help with Sandro's use
case with Groovy as well??
     BTW, are you using the release (2.0.3) version or are you building
from SVN trunk?  If the latter, I could perhaps provide a patch for you
to try.

Again, thanks for using Pivot,
~Roger