pivot-user mailing list archives

From Ripgiblet <m...@mrchambers.org>
Subject RE: in java how can i reference the instance define in a nested bxml's "bxml:id..."
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 03:05:48 GMT
This does not fix it, since property bindings still need to be in the same
variable space as the included .bxml files.

Not sure on the relevance of this link,

Karel Hübl wrote
> The model instance can be shared between parent and nested bxml files and
> you bound the gui control properties to shared model. It is little more
> complex, but you can see description of application archtecture we use
> here:
> https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-contrib/wiki/ApplicationArchitecture

Thanks anyway for the application example, might have some useful stuff in
it, but it does not access an included bxml file.
And I don't think it can since unless you use inline, you cannot access the
main model space...

I am trying to use Pivot to move GUI layout etc. into the xml file (with
Style defined in the .json file) and all program logic etc. in JAVA. (Which
I suspect is the core concept behind pivot.)
What I need to be able to do is access the nested objects:
mUsernameTextInput = (TextInput)namespace.get("usernameTextInput");
and for a nested object maybe something like...
mUsernameTextInput = (TextInput)namespace.get("tab2.usernameTextInput");
This is so I can use generic .bxml in different parts of the application,
with the same id's...
or allow id's to be set by variables, like bxml:id="$TextInputTab".

Anyway I have since done a work arround, by changing the .bxml files so that
no TextInput fields are in generic bxml files and are in the same variable
space, and then manually set them to have unique ID's.
But its a bit messy...

Thanks for your response.

regards,
Mark.