pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Chambers" <m...@mrchambers.org>
Subject RE: How to Run Application without DesktopApplicationContext
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 17:23:12 GMT
Hi All,

Thanks Sandros for your feedback I will take a look at the classes.
Roger I don't understand how you think you can call
DesktopApplicationContect.main after you create a class and still pass
variables back and forwards, unless you are talking using super for the
constructor, which has the same problems as using Startup.
Currently I have changed my code so the main class extends Application and
then I change the constructor to the Startup method, it works fine, but does
make the application GUI centric...

Anyway thanks again both of you for your support.

Regards,
Mark.
-----Original Message-----
From: Roger L. Whitcomb [mailto:Roger.Whitcomb@actian.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 22 January 2014 12:36 AM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to Run Application without DesktopApplicationContext

So, our application is a desktop app, but there is a considerable amount of
work that is done in the "main" method of the application before it ever
calls DesktopApplicationContext.main(...), which in turn invokes the
"startup" method of the main class, and etc.  So, there is no particular
reason that you can't create an application class that has all the variables
/ state that you need, and when you need to display the GUI, at that time,
call DesktopApplicationContext.main....  And as Sandro has said, his new
classes give you some further help passing state into the Pivot application
(in addition to what I just described).

HTH,
~Roger